Advantages of die casting mold process
1. It can manufacture metal parts with complex shapes, clear outlines, thin-walled deep cavities.
Because molten metal maintains high fluidity under high pressure and high speed, it is possible to obtain metal parts that are difficult to process by other processing methods.
2. The dimensional accuracy of die-casting parts is high, up to IT11-13, sometimes up to IT9, and the surface roughness can reach Ra0.8-3.2um, and the interchangeability is good.
3. High material utilization rate. Due to the high precision of the die-casting mold, it can be assembled and used only after a small amount of mechanical processing, and some die-casting parts can be directly assembled and used. The material utilization rate is about 60%-80%, and the blank utilization rate reaches 90%.
4. High production efficiency. Due to the high-speed filling, the filling time is short, the metal industry solidifies rapidly, and the die-casting operation cycle speed is fast. Among various casting processes, the die casting method has the highest productivity and is suitable for mass production.
5. Easy to use inserts. It is easy to set a positioning mechanism on the die-casting mold to facilitate the insert casting of inserts and meet the local special performance requirements of the die-casting mold.
Disadvantages of die casting mold process
1. Due to high-speed filling and rapid cooling, the gas in the cavity is too late to be discharged, resulting in die castings often having pores and oxidized inclusions, thereby reducing the quality of die castings. Due to the expansion of the gas in the pores at high temperatures,
The surface of the casting is bubbling, so die castings with pores cannot be heat treated.
2. Die-casting machines and die-casting molds are expensive and not suitable for small batch production.
3. Die casting size is restricted. Large die-casting parts cannot be die-casted due to the limitation of die-casting machine clamping force and mold size.
4. The types of die casting alloys are restricted. Due to the limitation of operating temperature, die-casting molds are currently mainly used for die-casting zinc alloy, aluminum alloy, magnesium alloy and copper alloy.
Application range of die casting process
1. Die-casting has high production efficiency and can die-casting die-casting parts with complex shapes, precise dimensions, clear outlines, high surface quality and strength, and hardness, so it is widely used and developed rapidly. At present, the output of aluminum alloy die-casting products is relatively large, followed by zinc alloy die-casting products.
2. Die-casting technology is mainly used in automobiles, tractors, electrical instruments, telecommunications equipment, aerospace, medical equipment and light industry daily hardware industries. The main parts produced include engine cylinder blocks, cylinder heads, gearbox bodies, engine hoods, housings and brackets for instruments and cameras, and pipe joint gears.